8.15.2006

Workplace Fantasies

Every since lunch (about 11:15) I have been reflecting upon my desire for pizza. Apparently, someone microwaved a piece of pizza before I came along to nuke my chintzy, plastic wrapped (but organic and vegan!) burrito. I was excited about the burrito...until I smelled the pizza. All I have been able to think about since then is pizza...pizza with a piping hot, soft, chewy crust, flavorful sauce (and lots of it!), covered with yummy, delicious veggies and perfectly melted cheese.*

I nearly salivated on my keyboard. Several times.

I am however grateful that the tuna fish and cottage cheese lunch obsession has ended. (I think it's a diet food because the pervasive smell makes you want to puke.) I'll take pizza-fantasies over a clothespin on my nose any day.

*I dream the impossible dream. Vegan cheese is immune to even minor solid/liquid state transformation. If one persists, half of it boils and the other half remains stubbornly solid and vaguely resembling plastic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how to mess with the time stamp, like some other people do, but the time is set in someone else's time zone. I'm even hungrier than you think. My stomach just rumbled.

8/15/2006 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

I always assumed that vegans had figured out a replacement for every animal product food? I'm sure a team of vegans in lab coats is working on the problem right now. Humans should not live without pizza.

I admit to playing a little fast and loose with timestamps. The secret is the little triangular dealie at the bottom left of the edit box. It's good stuff.

8/15/2006 09:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home