9.07.2006

Love It!

This weekend, an album caught my eye and I bought it. (An anomaly, I know.) It's called "Where's Neil When You Need Him?" and is full of songs written and performed by bands I've never heard of (because I'm not cool like that, not because they aren't well known I'm sure). All the songs are inspired by Neil Gaiman's writing. Of course, being a sucker for an allusion, I knew I had to have the album. And I LOVE it. My current favorite song: "Trader Boy" by Tapping The Vein. It's based on the story "The Day I Traded My Dad for Two Goldfish," which I love.

Incidentally, the album I was looking for was the new Ani DiFranco album. I brought it home too. I'm not that into it. I know it sometimes takes time for me to warm up to an album, but I'm a little annoyed with it. (Of course, I can't get the Neil Gaiman album out of my CD player or my head.) It irks me when people claim whatever it is that they happen to be doing is "the most RADical thing EVEh." Perhaps I will retract this later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Don't feel too bad: According to Amazon, I haven't heard of most of them either, with the exceptions of Tori and Voltaire. Nick's got the lyrics for Voltaire's When You're Evil" memorized and will sing the song every chance he gets.

9/08/2006 09:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home