2.17.2006

Woot!

It seems that the titles to my posts have been ending with a goodly number of exclamation points. I'm just excited to be blogging, I guess. Besides, how many different ways are there to end a standard sentence? Not many! My last three sentences have used the big three already... I guess there's alwa-

Five. Five ways to end a sentence. And until my keyboard gets an interrobang key, don't look askance at my exclamatory nature. And anyway, the webpage I'm talking about has an exclamation point right in it.

Woot!

Woot is the crack cocaine of e-commerce. Sales lust in the purest form. Instead of offering a bunch of different items you can buy anytime you want, Woot gives you one item at midnight CST. Don't want it, don't buy it. Do want it? Don't wait. Although a huge majority of the items are refurbished, slightly outdated or just plain lame, the prices can't be beat. Items sometimes sell out within minutes. And because they only need to generate one piece of ad copy a day, they make it really funny. Here's a snippet from a video card that was on tonight.

With dedicated gamers in mind, BFG took a powerful NVIDIA graphics processor, encrusted it with top-of-the-line components, wrapped it in a riddle, dipped it in a moonbeam, and tied it up with a sparkly rainbow ribbon of true love and spun sugar. We’re not engineers, so we may be mistaken about the exact recipe, but we’re sure of this: the sucker runs faster than a standard card.

So far I've Wooted an ArcadeMX Two Player Joystick, a Pioneer DVD Recorder and a World Series of Poker Wireless Plug and Play 15-in-1 TV Game (for my brother).

But tonight is a special night for Woot! A night where they depart from their standard format to clean out their vast warehouse. It's called a Woot-off, and when one item sells out, they replace it with another. All sorts of cheap stuff of varying quality.

Sounds like heaven to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home