2.09.2006

Interactive Land Mapping Demo

Alright, it took an enormous amount of work (mainly because I didn't know exactly what I was doing) but I finally completed my aforeblogged Google Map project. The other day I was marking some lines on a few parcels of land and I brought my camera and GPS. Whenever I took a picture, I took a GPS reading as well. When I got home, I plugged the points into a Google Map, added thumbnails and links to pages with full sized pictures, and mapped out the property lines so it would be easy to tell which parcel each picture had been taken on.

The results are here. It's a bit unpolished and the parcel lines may not show up in Internet Explorer, but it's a pretty solid demonstration of the usefulness of Google Maps to better visualize real estate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home