3.22.2006

The Continuing Quest to Catch 'Em All

There's a new game in town that's bumped Animal Crossing: Wild World out of the cartridge slot of my Nintendo DS, at least temporarily: Pokemon Trozei. This a puzzle game that utilizes the pen motion of the DS to slide Pokemon around to complete lines of four. Reminds me of Bejeweled, but the tiles aren't "sticky". The puzzle action isn't quite as addictive as Tetris, but the Pokemon icons are adorable - all rounded and cute. I mean, even cuter than normal. The cut scenes are a lot of fun too, the look a lot like those esurance.com commercials that have been showing on TV: very stylized. It's a different look for the Pokemon world and it works well. No online play on this one, just local wireless, which is a bit of a downer. Nintendo's online wireless is such a marvel it should be included on every possible game. Oh well, the rest of the game is so full of energy that inviting friends over isn't a big deal.

So I've got a Pokemon puzzle game in the top slot of my DS and a Pokemon pinball game in the bottom slot. Why am I not surprised at all?

$35 at Amazon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home