3.15.2006

An Oxidized Crayon

When I was going through a sealed box of 1990 vintage Crayola crayons for a Psychospectral Wax Placement in Young Children project (or "why do I know how the crayons ought to be arranged), I came across a color not typical to the 64 count box:



As you can see, that's not the classic copper. Perhaps because this particular box was sealed into a tin box for 16 years, the copper (and to a lesser extent gold) crayon has aquired a thick patina. Here's where I scraped away a bit of the patina to reveal the familar color below:



That's cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginhawks said...

Cool as hell. I've been using the crayon maker, and this gives me some ideas. Got to figure out how to open the lid while the melter is running.

3/16/2006 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

It shouldn't be that hard to bypass the safety interlocks, but I think there are two of them to worry about. Feel free to disassemble/reassemble as need be.

3/17/2006 08:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home