5.28.2006

The Daily Comics

I really, really love comics. Bound and printed, newspaper, webcomic, I love 'em all. Here's a small selection of the ones that I read daily via a webcomics aggregator (Comictastic, OSX):

American Elf- James Kochalka's daily sketchbook diary. The first few years have been collected into a massive and fantastic book. Yes, the comic is in this blog's sidebar, but it's that good!

Tom the Dancing Bug - this one's gotten a bit more political in recent years, but always very funny. I used to clip this comic out the the weekly paper and I have a bunch of yellow, decade-old strips floating around somewhere. I needn't have bothered.

PvP - Scott Kurtz gets it. The whole "funny comics" thing. Yep.

Frazz - Someone floated the theory that Jef Mallett is a penname for Bill Waterson and Frazz is Calvin all grown up. I know it's not true, but very much in the same vein as Calvin and Hobbes. Smart and funny, every day.

Daily Dinosaur Comics - Ryan North is a repetitive form ninja. His comic has the same six panels every day, and is always always funny. I've been cracking up continually reading his collected works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home