5.03.2006

What I'm Playing Quickie: Tetris DS

Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe I'm just not playing video games enough these days, but the actual Tetris mode in the new Tetris DS makes my hands hurt! I think it's probably a matter of growing too reliant on the DS's stylus and touch screen. In any case, Tetris DS's Touch Mode is my fast favorite. This mode has a theme straight out of one of Nintendo's "classic" games: Balloon Fight. Never heard of it? It's a lower-res Joust rip-off. Theme and music aside, the game plays like a great solitary puzzler should: no time limit, freedom of movement and just the right amount of frustration to make it fun. I can see it being the only part of the game that I play for quite some time, and not only because it's the only part that doesn't cause me actual pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home