7.08.2006

Egg of the Conqueror

Out in Colorado I finally got a picture of the only thing I've ever painted that's on display (not counting Lego figures, of course). A bit of explanation, otherwise the subject matter makes me look a bit odd. K admired the opening to the anime Berserk and wished she had a painting of the image: a withered hand holding a Behelit (an object that enables one to have their ultimate desires realized, after paying an ultimate price). Here's a screen capture (click for larger image):



I said that it wouldn't be a problem (despite not having painted anything larger than my thumb in the previous decade). I built an easel out of scrap wood and set to work. Here's the result (again, click for larger image):



A slightly different version and I wish I'd made the Behelit stand out more. It's red (more red than the picture indicates) but it doesn't stand out quite enough. I was happy with it, as was she. I wouldn't hang it in my own home, though it's fun to look at and think "I made that".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home