9.29.2006

NaNoWriMo Draws Near

On (or around) October 1st registration will begin for the 2006 Nanowrimo competition. I'm know some of the readers of this blog have got outlines already, and frankly I'm a little jealous of such capacity for preparation. I'll write mine the same way I do it every year: come up with the first sentence shortly after midnight November 1st, write halfheartedly and doubt myself for the first two days, gradually lose interest and finish the last 45,000 words in a caffine and alcohol induced haze in the waning days of the month. It's what I do.

Anyway, it's my ability to finish my normal October ritual that I'm questioning: watching 31 movies during the month of October. Lately, I have a hard time sitting still for more than about thirty five minutes, let alone focusing attention on images on a screen. Right now, a movie feels like a special treat. Thirty-odd seem like a chore. How will I fare in this self-imposed goal? Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginhawks said...

recommended titles: Blade Runner, Treasure Planet, Strange Brew, Sin City, The Time Machine(2002), Batman Begins, The Aristocrats, Jesus Christ Superstar, (do TV shows count? Netflix has Darkwing Duck)

10/04/2006 03:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home