12.20.2006

Sagan-o-rama

To mark the Carl Sagan blog-a-thon two things: first the aforeblogged Radio Lab episode featuring Sagan's widow talking about how she and Carl fell in love.

Secondly, my brother and I always assumed that Carl Sagan and Bruce Jenner were very close friends, despite having very little in common. My research shows that the two met on at least one instance: on The Mike Douglas Show of September 14, 1977. In our minds, they were inseparable (though it was clear it was a non-sexual relationship). Ten years ago today was a sad day for Bruce Jenner, as it was for all of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger rain said...

I'm curious to know how you and Zach managed to associate Bruce Jenner with Carl Sagan, but I'm also afraid of peering too closely into your minds.


Now, I always thought Bruce Jenner was the inspiration for the character Jenner in Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. But I've just discovered that he won his gold 5 years after that book was published. Drat. Another theory shattered. Unless maybe, just maybe O'Brien could see into the future....

12/21/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

That's what made it hilarious to us: the fact that they're so disparate. As to what linked them? Probably schizophrenia...

12/21/2006 09:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home