7.19.2008

A Bad Neighborhood: I Want Some Deer*

So, yesterday morning I woke up early, sent Shannon off to work, went for a quiet walk with Delilah and then settled in to shore up the plants next to the sidewalk.

I was just transplanting some sedums when I looked up and saw four cop cars pull up, right in front of the crack house across the street. I thought maybe it was time to start gathering my gardening tools and head inside, where I could hide behind the curtains and watch the shit go down, as any sensible person would do.

Just as I was picking up the last tool, I saw two cops running down the street from the opposite direction, carrying a fireman's axe. Delilah barked once and then hid in the house. The cops pounded on the door and said, "[Legal Name] I have a warrant for your arrest. Open the door immediately or I will break it down." Then they broke down the door. I was closing my own front door when I heard the cop yell, "Everybody get down! I have a gun and will shoot!"

After about 2 hours, the cops handcuffed Ms. Jaimie (aka Big Mamma, aka [Legal Name]), the guy I think is her current boyfriend, the guy who always brought over the drugs, and the woman who got in a fight with the Roller Derby Girls who live next door about a month ago and brought them all down to the station.

I'll trade one crack house and its denizens for a herd of deer.




Anybody?

4 Comments:

Blogger rain said...

Update: On Monday morning, the fire department boarded up the door and all the windows. Ms. Jaimie's mother is evicting her and selling the property. Apparently the fedral government has gotten involved somehow.

7/23/2008 08:31:00 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

Hooray?

7/23/2008 09:24:00 AM  
Blogger rain said...

Although I feel a little bit weird being on the "yay cops!" side of things, I am pleased to not be woken up by loud fights at night, and no one has mistaken me for a prostitute as I walked throught my neighborhood this week.

Hooray!!!!

7/27/2008 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Milkweed said...

I hear they have a big deer "problem" in biltmore forest. Maybe you could propose a trade?

9/07/2008 08:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home