4.29.2005

KoLego Contest Entry Complete!

I submitted my entry for The Kingdom of Loathing Lego contest today. Details on the contest are here, while my entry is here. Top prize is a cool two and a half million meat.

The Kingdom of Loathing is a silly computer game I'm obsessed with. It uses meat as currency. While 2.5 million meat seems like a fantastic prize, if I sold that ammount on eBay it wouldn't cover an extra value meal. But the prevailing theme behind the game is that the author is saying: "I made this. I like it. It's fun". And other people like it too. The author of the game now makes his living building this world and people donate money to him to keep it going.

In a nutshell, its' what I want my life to be. Not building php-based online RPG's, but doing something fun, that I enjoy, that other people also enjoy. It might seem idealistic, but it seems that letting people have fun from what I create is a hell of a way to make a living.

Trouble is, it's not as simple as giving custom legos to the apartment people for rent every month. But having people say "Nekosoft, that is the coolest thing I've ever seen!" makes it a lot easier to want to follow my bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home