1.15.2006

Do You Have Your Unicard?

In Waxahachie the other day we stopped at the lounge in the basement of the historic Rogers Hotel for a beer. The bartender asked if we had our Unicards with us, explaining that Waxahachie was in a dry county and so every patron had to be a club member. A short form later I was the proud owner of my very own Unicard!


Signature removed, you'll have to get your own Unicard.


It was free, which was nice, and evidently there are some 700 clubs (aka bars, taverns and alcohol-serving restaurants) across Texas that skirt dry laws by using the Unicard to prove membership. Technically speaking, the Unicard itself doesn't provide membership to each club, it just is a means of recordkeeping. In any case, it is convenient to have a unified system to keep track of my many Texas club memberships, even if I use that card about as often as my Winfield, Kansas library card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home