2.19.2006

Blogging from somewhere deep in Ohio

Spending the night in Cambridge, Ohio. The first motel I tried to stay at was having electrical problems and wouldn't let me stay there. They sent me to the second cheapest motel in town and after I checked in and turned the heater on in my room (seven degrees outside), I went down to check out the Motel Lounge. The lounge was a tiny, wholly unremarkable room off the hotel office that was out of the only beer that they had on tap. I asked for my default beer in situations like this: a readily available domestic macrobrew. Budweiser in a bottle. Of course, they didn't have bottles... only cans.

So I want to "enjoy" my Bud in a can, I didn't want to sit and talk to either of the bar's regulars. Not that they didn't seem like nice people, nice older mole-encrusted people, but I wasn't in a mood to pretend to seem interested in people I didn't know. I instead toss two dollars in the video slot machine. It's actually a fairly interactive game (for a video slot machine) and before I know it I'm up twenty dollars. I order another Bud in a can and start to whittle down my winnings. A couple more rounds and I hit the big prize: two hundred and seventy five dollars! I then decided to upgrade to a better bar.

For a side project I'm working on:
Closing Time in Ohio: 2:30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home