2.26.2006

Life Happens Between Empty and Full

I gassed up the truck today. As awful as it is to get a ten dollar bill in change for a hundred, I noticed the Phillips/Conoco/66 station had a new slogan: Life Happens Between Empty and Full. This confused me. Surely they meant to say "between full and empty". The only thing that happens between empty and full is me putting gas into my tank and reading their slogan. That just doesn't make any sense.

Then I thought about it a little more: life is what's happening when I'm pumping gas and standing in line and paying bills. The boring mundanities of life far outweigh (timewise) the joyful moments, the heartbreaking moments, the memorable moments. It's rather depressing for a slogan, that every second that I'm pumping gas my life is slipping away. It doesn't make me want to buy gas. If anything it makes me want to peel into the gas station, jam three or four gas nozzles into my tank and then speed off without paying. That's living between empty and full!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginhawks said...

Exactly. Carpe Petroleum!

3/02/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

Carpe petroleum tunc fugio!

(Steal gas and then run away)

3/02/2006 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home