4.03.2006

Numeric proof of geekiness

According to a study done by the Consumer Electronics Association (via Gizmodo), the average American household has 26 consumer electronics devices. Reading this, I thought: I bet I have that many in my bedroom.

After a quick count I show 29. Granted, a lot of the stuff in my bedroom ought to be in storage, but then again a lot of the stuff in storage ought to be where I can get at it so it balances out. It seemed like bragging to put the list in the content of the actual blog, so it can be found in the comments.

Also, burglars take note: we live a block from the police station and they respond very quicky when the silent alarms go off (as I found out myself one night).

4 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

1. PowerMac G5
2. G4 PowerBook
3. iPod Photo
4. iPod Mini (silver)
5. Canon PowerShot A70
6. Brother HL-1440 Laser Printer
7. Pioneer Console DVD recorder
8. Sanyo VCR
9. Generic PS1 LCD screen (to work the menus on the DVD recorder)
10. Delphi XM Receiver
11. Motorola V265 cell phone
12. Visor Prism PDA
13. Sega Dreamcast
14. Nintendo Virtual Boy
15. Nintendo DS
16. Game Boy SP
17. Scanner, external hard drives and various computer stuff that probably just counts as one item
18. Sega Saturn
19. NEC Turbographix 16
20. Visor Deluxe PDA
21. Magellan GPS
22. Rino GPS
23. Random PII Laptop for Windows site testing
24. Apple Newton 120 (Version 1.3)
25. Apple Newton 120 (Version 2.0)
26. Apple eMate
27. Visor Platinum PDA
28. Clock Radio
29. Generic digital camera with internal mp3 player

I know, I know. I'm a gadget fiend.

4/03/2006 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger rain said...

I have 2 CEs in my bedroom:

an alarm clock
a phone/answering machine that only half works

Unless I can count lamps, home appliances, and things that run on batteries in my list, I'm wrecking this curve miserably.

I was, however, the inspiration for someone to plan a special "geek party" this weekend. But I guess that's only "anecdotal proof of geekiness."

(please note the proper spelling of "anecdotal")

4/04/2006 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger Ginhawks said...

I'm sorry I threw out "the box." I know that would have been at least three more. ;-)

4/04/2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

30. Sony 8mm Camcorder
31. JVC Digital8 Camcorder
32. Panasonic Lumix Digital Camera

(I did laundry today and found a few more items. It's actually kind of embarassing...)

R- That's the whole reason I never use the word anecdotal: I can never remember how to spell it. There's actually many words that I never use because I can't spell them and can't be arsed to look them up.

G- It wasn't the home electronics I miss out of the box >:)

4/04/2006 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home