10.07.2006

Lost Possesions

When I was a little girl, I read a story about the place where all lost, discarded, and broken toys went to live. If you went through the hole in the fence at the seven hundredth and seventy-seventh slat alone, you found a pile of rubbish. But if you went through the hole with a friend, all the things you'd ever loved and lost were there.

If I went through that hole, I'm sure I'd find my "Shouting from the Subliminal" tape. I still have the tape case, so here's a list of the songs Erik and I listened to at some point in high school. I'm thinking Erik made this tape for me circa 9th grade.

Side A (Thursday at 4:30)
Depeche Mode - People are People
B-52's - Channel Z
Tom Petty - Don't Have to Live Like a Refugee
Bto - You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet
The Who - Magic Bus
Alen Harvey
We Will Rock You
B-52's - Cosmic Thing
Faith No More - Epic
Eye of the Tiger
Pop Singer
TMNT* - Count on Us
Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining
Grumpy Old Man

Side B (Thursday 5:00)
Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning
Prince
Living Color - [I have no idea what this says. Maybe "tight"?]
Soho - Hippy Chick
MC Hammer - Pray
Human League - Hear [?] like a [mcreal? satchel?]
R.E.M. - Stand
Sesame Street - [again, I don't think these letters go together. This may be the klingon, or written in the cyrillic alphabet.]
Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory

The note on red paper obscuring the song list (except the arrows pointing to Beds are Burning) says:

Hey! Don't look at the list of songs until you have listened to the entire tape At least once. (Maybe 2 or 3 times) There are a couple of surprises...

*Yes, this is in fact Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Maybe this tape was made in eight grade? That would probably explain the Hitchickers Guide to the Galaxy reference on the cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home