1.16.2006

Ang Lee's Victory, presented without comment

So we were at the corner bar tonight having some pizza. The Golden Globe awards were on the TV so we were all watching. The sound was muted, but that's ok as the whole purpose of the show is to see how bad or good everyone looks and what they're wearing. Ang Lee had been nominated for best director (Brokeback Mountain) and won. He's onstage collecting his award, tears of joy streaming down his face and a member of our party says, "The chinese guy is crying."

Another member of our party (who shall remain nameless) says, "He probably thinks they're deporting him."

I say, "I don't get it."

Anon: He's worried they're deporting him.

Me: I still don't get it.

Anon: He's probably crying because he thinks they're deporting him.

Me: No... I don't follow you.

Anon: He's chinese and he thinks he's being deported.

Me: But he's an esteemed director, why would they deport him?

Anon: No, he only thinks he's being deported.

Me: But why is that funny?

Anon: I'm making fun of the little minds who would say such things.

Me: But someone said 'the chinese guy is crying' and then you said he was going to be deported.

Anon: I think somebody's had too many beers.

Me: Yeah, I think one of us has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home