1.02.2006

New year's resolution spoiled already.

Well, poo.
My idea was to kick my blogging ass into gear and have three hundred and sixty five little posts lined up day by day by day on pikamac.com until just about this time next year. But to my eyes yesterday's post-new year's eve post posted pre-new year's eve. At least the content of my post indicates that it was posted after midnight, at least on the east coast. So I'm covered there.

...

We were at Dollar General today looking for a PCI video card and an outside firepit (struck out on both counts) and I picked up a nifty little remote control NASCAR racer.



Here's a picture of an equivalent model on the eBay.


This thing is awesome. First of all, it's the size of a Matchbox car. Tiny. It's insanely detailed with what the packaging assures me is licensed NASCAR logos and glyphs. The engine, while lilliputian, moves like the proverbial bat out of hell. The tires are the circumference of a pencil eraser and the motor spins them like a rental, fishtailing around the kitchen. The battery charges in about a minute and then it's five minutes of alternately having the cats ignore the tiny driver and attacking it fiercely. And this freakin' thing cost five bucks! I tried to figure what something like that would have cost when I was a kid and it would have had to have been multi-hundreds. Unreal. I feel like a geezer more and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home