1.29.2006

Sick Day: More leftover links

I'm ill today, so content will be whatever's in my bookmark menu. Ready, set, ready set begin!

The New Adventures of Bobbin is updating again. Also Something Positive never stops updating, but I can't figure out how to get it to show up in Comictastic. I forget to read it.

Fileswap: upload a file (like a picture) and get a random file someone else has uploaded. Fun and addictive, like heroin bubblegum.

Penn Jillette has a podcast. Well, a radio show actually. Back when I was a little boy I used one of Penn's short stories, The Pain Addict, for National Forensic League Speech tournaments in the Dramatic category. One weekend there were only three other people competing in the Humorous category so I was urged by my superiors to enter into that category. "But it's not funny. At all. Not even the tiniest bit", I said. Didn't matter: I'd be guaranteed extra National Forensic League points, which at the time were very desirable. I didn't win the tournament but I came in a strong fourth place. I got very helpful criticism from the judges though, like "you need to bring out the humor more". No one said, "That isn't funny. Not at all. Mostly scary."

How to make a tilt-shift lens.

An awesome mosaic tile installation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home