4.04.2006

Super Mario Day Revisited

Back in February I posted about Super Mario, including a link to DIY Question Mark Blocks, urging folks to put them up around town. I must now retract my gentle suggestion: in these fearful times those who have not played many 8-bit video games may misinterpret the intent of these boxes.

For example, 5 young women in Ravenna, Ohio could be facing criminal charges for making and placing question mark boxes around town. The bomb squad and HAZMAT team were called out and the empty cardboard boxes were found to be harmless.

If normal citizens can't make our world a little more like Super Mario World, then the terrorists have already won.

Edit: The ever-awesome Chris Yates of Reprographics weighs in. Yes, that's the Boulder Creek he's hanging them over. I've got Chris's Super Fun Combo Pak Deluxe on its way to me even as we speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home