10.07.2006

24 Hour Comic Day... complete

This post reserved for display of the 24 page Apple Sauce Brain Man comic (once I scan it... and possibly digitally reletter it). Turns out most people start at noon, rather than midnight as I did. Despite taking a five hout nap at three in the morning, I finished at eleven tonight. I could have done a whole 'nother page! I've read it a couple of times and it's laugh out loud funny for me. Of course, I can read my own handwriting and all the jokes are tailored to my sense of humor. Other people's milage may vary.

The handwriting thing is definitly an issue though. I could make a font based on my own handwriting (tweaked for recognition), use someone else's handwriting font, find a human letterer or learn to write properly myself. The other option, I suppose, would be to start making animated cartoons instead...

Edit: Here is is! A 24 page, four megabyte PDF. It's a bit raw and I don't have all the pages aligned correctly and I'd like the inks to be a lot darker when it prints, but otherwise: Hooray! Enjoy!

Coming next, an option that I hadn't considered: Typing up a script for readers to consult when they can't understand my handwriting. Also it can be the Commentary Track!

5 Comments:

Blogger rain said...

I can't wait to see it!


My handwriting isn't that much better than yours, but I'll be your letterer anytime.

10/08/2006 07:30:00 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

You've got great handwriting! Perfect for comics too: all uppercasey and clear.

Mine on the other hand... not so good. If I ever make a font of my handwriting I need to figure out how to have the computer make the THs look like mine (which look like Rs).

10/08/2006 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger rain said...

I totally call dips on being your comic book scripter. I get to provide meta-commentary too, right? Please?

10/09/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

Hooray! The job is yours!

Relatedly: I held a small reading of the comic last night, another option for the handwriting-reading impaired, and was rewarded with peals of laughter. It helped that I read Jike's voice in that of "Rodger the Talking Geocache" and "Harvey the Party Bat".

10/10/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT'S FREAKIN HILARIOUS!!! At least I thought so! I'm sure the voice contributed to my glee (I love the word "glee")somewhat.... you know I'm a sucker for Party-Bats. And I didnb't think your handwriting was too bad. I could read it. Patiently awaiting my doubly-signed copy...

10/10/2006 02:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home