10.15.2006

October Movies: halfway

October is Movie month for nanowrimo'ers who are me. I've watched this month, in no particular order:

1. Wet Hot American Summer- much of the creative force behind The State does a summer camp movie parody. Very very funny and well done.

2. The Black Hole- As a kid, we had this movie on one of those "book on record" deals. The imagery in the film is very unusual (robots who are actually zombies) and I always thought the story was much different than what was presented in the movie. Slow by today's standards.

3. Star Trek: Nemesis- Next Generation had their chance... Deep Space Nine and Voyager need movies too!

4. Shock Treatment- I like this one better than Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I've had the songs stuck in my head for the last two weeks.

5. Sorcerer- Transporting dynamite through a South American jungle? What's not to like? Very suspensful and enjoyable.

6. Sin City- Probably the best comicbook based film made to date - incredibly true to the source material. I was very impressed.

7. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- Expected to hate this one, but didn't. Some good moments and some embarassing ones. I missed Ford convincing Prosser to get in front of the bulldozer most, and hated Trillian as the love interest. Trillian ought to be... just Trillian, you know?

8. The Hudsucker Proxy- One of my favorite Coen brothers movies. Crackling filmmaking.

I seem overly effusive, but I suppose I've only picked movies that I wanted to watch. Life is too short to watch boring movies!

Part two tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home