10.11.2006

The cheapest handwriting font ever!

I've always wanted a font of my own handwriting so that I can type stuff and have it have that "personal" touch. Plus, then people would say "your handwriting is excellent and consistent!" I've tried using professional-level font-o-graphic software, but it's very tedious. Do you know how many letters there are? Many many. So, when I found a web page that offers to convert one's handwriting to a font for super-cheap. The site is Fontifier. The cost is nine dollars.

Fontifer has a form to download with all the popular (and lesser-known) letters. I filled it in, scanned it and uploaded it to the Fontifier website. They'll give a free preview of the potential font prior to purchase. Here's my preview:



And here's how my actual, factual handwriting looks. Ooh, that's pretty!



The lettershapes are ok (the .gif file is scaled down a bit) but the kerning (spacing between the letters) is way off. Also, note the nifty linked "Th"es and other cursive relics in my sample, and how they're absent in their sample. I don't think a whole paragraph of the font would look like I wrote it. Still, only nine dollars? Perhaps I'll take a few more practice forms and see how they turn out.

2 Comments:

Blogger rain said...

I link the font! (Aside from the bits you pointed out.) It's fairly legible.

When practicing, keep in mind that the sample sentence is in present tense for a reason. If you turn it into past tense, we have no idea how your s's look!

10/16/2006 08:15:00 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

I just didn't want the entire internet staring at my S.

I did notice the tense was different when I uploaded it, but I didn't think it mattered. I stand corrected!

10/16/2006 08:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home