11.01.2006

Movie Month: Complete

22. The Aristocrats - Way, way funnier than I thought it was going to be. Laughed my ass off.

23. Cool Hand Luke - Another old favorite I like to watch every few years. We like to work "Blanking the blank here boss..." "Blank it on off there" into normal conversation, for varying degrees of blank.

24. Danny Deckchair - a neat little romantic comedy from Australia. Sweet and light and decently entertaining.

25. Team America: World Police - I know this one was panned, but the South Park movie was so good I had to give it a chance. This one's attempting satire, but I was never sure who or what the target was. I did like the montage song.

26. Cannibal! The Musical - A mini Parker/Stone festival. I've been meaning to watch this for years, and it was actually pretty good, in that let's-put-on-a-show way. The writing and songs were memorable too. Plus, Stan Brakhage is in it!

27. Four Rooms - Watched this one in anticipation of Tarantino and Rodriguez's collaboration: Grindhouse. Rodriguez's contribution to Four Rooms was far and away the strongest and it seems like Quentin saves all the best dialogue for himself.

28. Batman Begins - Wow. I've read a lot of good Batman stories, and this film did them all justice. The only minor detail that bothered me was Michael Caine's accent, but everything else was spellbinding. A sequel is in production, and if the franchise continues in this style I'll be a very happy fanboy.

29. Airplane! - Again, drubbing please. Like Young Frankenstein, I'd never seen this one start to finish either, much to my lament. Cheesy in parts, dumb in others, but funny throughout.

30. Shaolin Soccer - I've loved Stephen Chow since I saw a VCD of God of Cookery, and while Shaolin Soccer isn't as comically masterful as Kung Fu Hustle it's still a fun sports movie.

31. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - I ended the month with one of my top five movies, and every time I watch this movie I enjoy it more. Sellers is a master of comedy and the entire movie has me laughing out loud, even though I've seen it a dozen times before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home