7.27.2008

Just a Fancy Way to Say "Soybean"*


edamame, originally uploaded by delilahismydog.

I am really, really excited about eating some edamame from the garden. Shannon says they may be ready to eat this week!

Edamame is totally the kind of food I would have sneered at had mom tried to feed it to me as a child. Like avocados. So did I have bad taste as a child or have my taste buds died off as I've gotten old, allowing me to be a more adventurous eater?

*This is exactly what dad said when I told him we had about 10 feet of edamame plants growing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Mmmmm.... Avocados...

You should plant avocados!

7/30/2008 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger Milkweed said...

i used to think that the whole "tastebuds changing" phenomenon was not real - just that the food was so lifeless (frozen, canned, etc) when most of us were kids. but not so with your parents i bet. we should poll some kids about it.

i'm glad you liked the salsa!!

9/07/2008 08:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home