1.03.2006

Day Three: Let the slumming begin!

I've been meaning to clean out my bookmarks menu forever and I need to blog, so why not combine the two into a fantastic whole!

Creating Passionate Users - Just found this one today (via Boing Boing, of course). Metacognition, baby.

Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools - Yes, it's in the side bar. But the stuff here is so great I bookmarked LED Maglight replacement parts (also I want this) and Behind Bars by Jeffrey Ian Ross and Pro Digital Photographer's Handbook by Michael Freeman.

Found Photos isn't coming out of my bookmarks, but the last few batches have been particularly fascinating.

I've been downloading gigabytes of vintage educational films from The Internet Archive forever, but there's petabytes of live music too. Petabytes may be an exaggeration.

How Ligers are made.

I was thinking about buying a Dell handheld. I probably won't.

Homebrew Atari vibrator

Losing the War by Lee Sandlin. Very very worthwhile read on war.

When does meat become taxable?

Calculate your own death by caffeine

KLF's How to Have a Number One the Easy Way

World of Sand (ooh, Hell of Sand is even better)

USB retro NES controllers

Trade 175 good CDs for a 60 gig iPod.

Use an Xbox controller under XP (as an aside, the stock Xbox 360 controller works great under XP and comes with a standard USB port. But I haven't found a good wireless PC joypad solution. My Media Portal PC project has been giving me the fits.)

Ah, bookmarks menu back down to one screen. Thanks for indulging me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home