4.10.2006

Good (?) stuff from the dollar store


These frankensteinish gloves are made from crazy bits of leftover vinyl, all stitched together. Perfect to go with a coat of many covers. Also potentially good for restoring the interiors of vintage autos.


Despite costing a dollar, this knife is very, very sharp and might securely lock open depending on which one of the ones I bought it turns out to be. One in three chance of finger mutilation? I like those odds!


The first Lilith Fair CD and a disc full of music from German television ads, including a Gorillaz cover. They had dozens of the double disc Lilith Fair CD and I was going to clean them out and make a killing on the internet but Amazon is selling them for eight cents apiece.


A CD-rom about sexual harrasment. I was expecting a early 90's training video, but there's just six PDFs on this disc and 60 ads for more of the company's products. That's ok, I just bought this for the image on the cover:


Now, sexual harrasment is never funny but this picture cracks me up. It's an iconic image of harrasment, but what exactly is going on? "I'll give you that raise if you let me touch your hair?" Furthermore, if this is a picture of harrasment, how did they take it without running afoul of the very laws about which the disc is supposed to protect and educate? "I have to touch your hair for this picture or else you're fired."


Dinosaur Growing. I'll post pictures of the promised 400% growth. The cage actually has clear plastic between the bars so one could clip it to a belt loop or that bottom vest button that is always left unbuttoned.


The Tron Storybook. The text explains everything in the movie (in this sentence, italics indicate tedium). Half the pictures are of mundane scenes, like people climbing stairs and working at now-antique computers, and the other half are shit like this:


It's been a long time since I've seen the movie, but I think I would have remembered a scene like a neon lady chatting with... shoot, I don't even have words. I did buy a $1 black light bulb and a $1 laser pointer to make my life more Tron-like.


Self explanatory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginhawks said...

Shut up, Bevis.

4/10/2006 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home